- This event has passed.
Grow Your Own Mushrooms
February 16 @ 9:00 am - 3:00 pm
Who doesn’t like Mushrooms! Their umami-laden goodness go with almost every cuisine. Available all year around, its easy to make this ingredient a constant friend in your kitchen.
Mushrooms are low in calories and sugar. They are also a rich source of proteins, vitamin D and B12. Whether going vegan or keto, mushrooms find their way in almost every kind of diet!
Using some easy techniques, mushrooms can be grown at home for most part of the year.
Here’s a rough outline of what this workshop will cover:
1. Introduction to mushrooms
2. What are mushrooms
3. Benefits of eating mushrooms
4. Types of mushrooms
5. Basics of Mushroom: Cultivation Temperature, Humidity, Ventilation, Hygiene
6. Infrastructure set-up: Everything required to set up a mushroom farm (small or big)
7. Raw material collection : From straw to spawn to bags
8. Maintaining the essentials: Temperature, Humidity, Ventilation, Hygiene
9. Steps of Mushroom Cultivation: Sterilisation, Spawning, Incubation, Fruiting, Harvesting
10. Post Harvest: Fresh, Dried and various techniques of by-product options
11. Practical Class: Spawning and harvesting
By the end of the workshop you will be equipped with the basic knowledge and skill-set of becoming a mushroom grower!
You’ll go away with a mushroom growing kit to help you get started right away. We’ll also have organically grown mushrooms from our farm for you to buy!
About our facilitators:
Monika Chowdhry a Digital Marketer by education and profession, Monika was a serial corporate digital brand building professional, until last year. The move from the world of digital to agriculture has been a rather gentle one. While thinking about doing something more meaningful in life that is rooted in our nature and society, Monika spent a lot of time researching about the perfect alternate profession. Many months of Internet research and talking to endless people lead her to Entrepreneurs training at Directorate of Mushrooms Research, Solan, Himachal Pradesh and what followed thereafter made a lot of room for mushroom in her life. She currently grows a few varieties of mushrooms at her farm in Badshahpur Village, near the bustling Sohna Road of Gurgaon. In terms of manpower, she works equivalent to any other farm-worker. In due course of time, she plans to create a more inclusive work environment by hiring people with hearing and sound disabilities and train them with skills to be financially independent.
Sumit Sharan has spent the last 2 years researching the intriguing world of mycology. He started his company, Shroomery, last year with the goal to bring different varieties of exotic mushrooms and mushroom-based products to your plate. You can now find Shroomery mushrooms in dishes in various restaurants around town like Perch, The Grammar, The Piano Man, Nico Caara, etc and select retail stores. Over time, Sumit hopes to bring to light the various medicinal and bioremedial properties of fungi that we can incorporate in our daily lives.
Book a spot now & learn how to grow Mushrooms at home!
Date: February 16th, 2020 (Sunday)
Time: 9am to 3pm
Cost: 3000 INR
(Lunch will be provided)
How to book your spot:
Please register here: https://bit.ly/2GBzrNs
To book your seat: https://bit.ly/38Ym06r
You can Paytm to the number: 9811071751 (do drop a payment confirmation as well)
Venue: Edible Routes – Jupax farm, Vasant Kunj, New Delhi, Delhi 110070
Location Pin: https://maps.app.goo.gl/Q5pcAjoC8q6SY2kP9
Any queries? Contact us here:
Terms and Conditions:
1. Due to limited seating, we request that you cancel at least 48 hours before a scheduled workshop. This gives us the opportunity to fill the seats. You may cancel by phone or email. If you have to cancel your participation, we offer you a credit to your account if you cancel before the 48 hours, but do not offer refunds. You may use these credits for any future workshop. However, if you do not cancel prior to 48 hours, you will lose the payment for the workshop.
2.The credits can be used till 3 months of the date of the workshop.
3. We may cancel the workshop in case we don’t have the minimum number of participants i.e. 10. In case of cancellation of the workshop, the money will get refunded.