- This event has passed.
Urban Ag: A complete course in Urban Farming
July 27 @ 10:00 am - August 18 @ 1:00 pm
Nothing is better for you and your loved ones than home-grown vegetables – organic, and as fresh as can be! Our 4 week – 8 module certification course that will equip you with the skills required to transform your balcony, terrace or ground into a source of health and nutrition – as well as a source of joy and happiness!
Through practical work on a farm and field visits you will learn the entire cycle of urban farming: from seeding, planting, through weeding, fertilizing, and pest management, to harvesting, and composting. Through working on some small practical projects, you will understand how to design your terrace, create the potting mix you need, how to take care for your beds and chose the companion plants which will keep your plants happy and healthy-
essentially everything you need to go home-grown.
What you’ll take away from this workshop:
– Practical skills to start your own edible garden
– A network of gardening enthusiasts to connect with
– The opportunity to work in a khet
– A comprehensive manual to guide you through garden set-up and maintenance
– Your nails full of mitti!
The course content would include broadly:
Day1: 27th July -Introduction to Urban Agriculture & Principal of
Day 2: 28th July -Seeds and Planting
Day 3: 3rd August – Principles of Organic Farming
Day4: 4th August – Tour of Delhi Urban Gardens
Day 5: 10th August – Care for vegetable beds
Day 6: 11th August – Waste management and composting
Day 7: 17th August – Pest management and fertilizer use
Day 8: 18th August – Organic Farm Tour & Culmination: Cook and Eat
Weekend Only: The course takes place over two days for 3 hours each, Saturday and Sunday, spread over 4 weeks (27th July – 18th August)
Time: 10 am – 1 pm
Cost: 11,500 INR
Walk in session: 13,000 INR
Venue: Edible Routes – Jupax farm (formerly Jupax Farm)
Spring Lane, Off, Green Ave St, Vasant Kunj, New Delhi, Delhi 110070
Location pin :https://maps.app.goo.gl/Q5pcAjoC8q6SY2kP9
Please register here: https://goo.gl/dCZmMi
To book your seat: https://goo.gl/Ebx2mH
You can Paytm to the number: 9811071751 (do drop a payment confirmation as well)
Any queries? Contact us here:
Terms and Conditions:
1. Due to limited seating, we request that you cancel at least 48 hours before a scheduled workshop. This gives us the opportunity to fill the seats. You may cancel by phone or email. If you have to cancel your participation, we offer you a credit to your account if you cancel before the 48 hours, but do not offer refunds. You may use these credits for any future workshop. However, if you do not cancel prior to 48 hours, you will lose the payment for the workshop.
2.The credits can be used till 3 months of the date of the workshop.
3. We may cancel the workshop in case we don’t have the minimum number of participants i.e. 10. In case of cancellation of the workshop, the money will get refunded.