EVENTS & WORKSHOPS
- This event has passed.
May 1-5, 2022
Sustainable wellness, food and lifestyle.
The prevalent systems of healthcare, growing food and our urban lifestyles are damaging the Earth and our environment. Yet, we all have the potential to live more in harmony with nature. Sustain is a 5-day retreat to experience the personal choices that can make a positive difference to us and the world.
- An understanding of what causes “dis-ease” and how to achieve optimal health through natural living.
- An understanding of why our food systems are broken and the importance of growing our own food.
- A taste of wholesome natural living and plant based eating with daily nature walks, birding in Kumaon hills, yoga, pranayama and much more.
WHAT YOU GET…
- A 5-step Natural Detox System in which you learn to use the 5 elements of Earth, Water, Sun, Air and Space as medicine.
- Learn the Edible Routes blueprint to grow herbs, microgreens and vegetables using sustainable practices.
- Get a daily Iyengar yoga and pranayama routine that you can adapt consistently to your available time and lifestyle.
- Live demonstrations of plant based and wholesome food preparation and cooking.
- Hands on work with soil and practical training of composting and learning to grow your own food.
DATES & LOCATION
A 5 day, 4 night residential retreat set in a small village, Jeolikote in Kumaon Hills near Nainital.
May 1-5, 2022
(Arrival: May 1st by 2 pm | Departure: May 5th after 1 pm)
- Early Morning – Yoga/ Meditation/ Forest Bathing/ Nature Walk
- Morning – Garden Activity and Learning Session
- Lunch and Rest
- Afternoon – Short learning session. Demo Session – Cooking/ Gardening
- Evening – Playtime!
- Dinner and Circle Time
Swiss Valley Camp Resort, Jeolikote, Uttarakhand (http://www.swissvalleyresort.com)
- Swiss luxury tents
- Majestic mountain view
- Rain fed stream flowing close by
- Surrounded by forest
- Wholesome, fresh, seasonal and as organic as possible
- Light and nutritious plant based meals
- High component of living foods – fresh fruits and salads
WEATHER IN MAY
The temperature ranges between 16 and 29 degrees celsius. Rare showers. Mostly sunny.
CONNECT/ ROUTE FROM DELHI
Train from New Delhi to Kathgodam for 6 hours. Cab from Kathgodam to Jeolikote, 30 minutes.
Fly to Pantnagar 2.5 hours. Cab from Pantnagar, 1 hour 30 minutes.
- Boarding and Lodging
- All Meals
- Daily Yoga, Meditation and Pranayama
- Daily knowledge sessions
- Art of detoxification and wholesome food for health
- Cooking demonstrations
- Grow your own food and Home Composting
- Hands on practical demonstrations
- Forest bathing, Nature Walks, Bird watching, Hike
- Last evening Bonfire & Barbeque
- Homegrown Subzi Handbook
- Online membership to Edible Routes support group for one year
- One discovery call for personal assessment of detoxification for health
- Online membership to Natural Detox group
Kapil Mandawewala is the founder & CEO of Edible Routes. After his corporate career, Kapil started organic farming at his 22-acre family farm in Gujarat. During this journey, he established a Community Supported Agriculture (CSA) system through which residents could buy local, seasonal, and fresh produce directly from the farm.
He founded Edible Routes in 2015 with the aim to help people grow and connect with their food. Kapil is a Permaculture Teacher & Designer since 2014 and loves to conduct workshops on urban farming, growing microgreens, composting and brewing your own Kombucha! With the Edible Routes team, he has created more than 1000 edible gardens and farms across Delhi NCR and now around the country.
Nandini Gulati is a Natural Health Coach, public speaker and organic gardener. Based on her own journey of seeking true health, she teaches natural principles of health and detoxification. She believes that our health and that of the planet are inextricably linked. We are sick because the Earth is sick. To remain healthy, we must align with natural laws in all aspects of life.
Nandini coaches individuals to achieve their personal health goals, conducts health retreats, and online detox programs. She is the co-author of the bestselling, Guilt-free Vegan Cookbook, a delightful repository of healthy and tasty multi-cuisine recipes from around the world.
Bhavna Kapoor is a Holistic Health Coach (specialising in plant based nutrition and eating psychology) and a Yoga teacher. She is deeply devoted to the study and practice of healing through integrative natural therapies and equally fascinated with the power of the mind in health and healing.
Bhavna’s journey into the world of health began, after a personal experience of curing her own gut health, chronic acidity, sinus, allergies and low immunity through a shift in diet and lifestyle. She integrates all her learnings to coach people through a mind-body approach and her mission is to make healthy living simpler.