Introduction to Composting and Fertilizing
Did you know you can save the world one chhilka at a time? 60% of the waste we produce is biodegradable and can be converted into yummy compost for your plants. This workshop will teach you to compost at home in the simplest, least-smelly manner possible.
Here’s what we’ll cover:
- the basics of aerobic and anaerobic composting
- composting at home – how to make it easy and odorless
- leaf composting and mulching
- using homemade compost
We’ll also do some hands-on work on:
- balancing wet and dry waste
- compost tea
- jeevamrit and ghanjeevamrit (cow-dung based fertilizers)
- making fertilizer with seaweed and salt solution
- making a sapling pot with compost
Duration: 2.5 hours
We’ve conducted workshops at India Habitat Centre, Zorba the Buddha, Soul Centric, Padma Centre for Soul Realization, Novarch Architects Studio, Quicksand Design Studio and a host of other places. We find that architects, designers, artists, yogis and all sorts of truth-seekers have a natural affinity towards kitchen gardening.