- This event has passed.
Growing Mushrooms Webinar
November 22 @ 11:00 am - 12:30 pm
Who doesn’t like Mushrooms! Available all year around, this easy-to-make ingredient is a constant friend in your kitchen.
Edible Routes is offering a unique mushroom growing workshop.
Mushrooms are low in calories and sugar. They are also a rich source of proteins, vitamin D and B12. Whether going vegan or keto, mushrooms find their way in almost every kind of diet!
Using some easy techniques, mushrooms can be grown at home for most part of the year. For this workshop, we will be focusing on how to grow oyster mushrooms at home.
Here’s what this workshop will cover:
– Introduction to mushrooms
– Benefits and types of mushrooms
– Basics of Oyster Mushroom: Cultivation Temperature, Humidity, Ventilation, Hygiene
– Infrastructure set-up: Everything required to set up a mushroom farm (small or big)
– Raw material collection: From straw to spawn to bags
– Maintaining the essentials: Temperature, Humidity, Ventilation, Hygiene
– Steps of Oyster Mushroom Cultivation: Sterilisation, Spawning, Incubation, Fruiting, Harvesting
– Post Harvest: Fresh, Dried and various techniques of by-product options
By the end of the workshop you will be equipped with the basic knowledge and skill-set of becoming a mushroom grower!
Date: November 22nd, 2020
Time: 11:00 – 12:30 pm
Facilitator: Sumit Sharan
Live session: @ 399/- only
Recording available: @ 599/- only
Participants will get the Webinarjam link to each session, the schedule to send the link is fixed on Saturday, 21st November at 9 pm (day before the webinar) and on Sunday, 22nd November 9 am ( on the day of the webinar).
About the facilitator:
Sumit Sharan has spent the last 2 years researching the intriguing world of mycology. He started his company, Shroomery, last year with the goal to bring different varieties of exotic mushrooms and mushroom-based products to your plate. You can now find Shroomery mushrooms in dishes in various restaurants around town like Perch, The Grammar, The Piano Man, Nico Caara, etc and select retail stores. Over time, Sumit hopes to bring to light the various medicinal and bioremedial properties of fungi that we can incorporate in our daily lives.